Autodesk Inventor issues with Windows 10 – May 2019 Update (AKA Windows 10, version 1903)
There have been a number of reports from our customers and on the Autodesk Inventor forums stating that there are issues running Inventor on the latest Windows 10 update, which was released last month.
These issues include:
- Inventor crashing when you place a component from the Content Centre
- In an assembly, selecting “Change Size” from the right-click menu on a Content Centre part causes a crash.
- Issues with snap in Tube & Pipe
- Issues with icons in Tube & Pipe
- Issues with distance tooltip in Tube & Pipe
- iPart/iAssembly Edit Factory/Member Scope disabled
These issues have been reported on the following Inventor versions – not all issues apply to all versions, and others may be affected:
- 2020 RTM & 2020.0.1
- 2019 (updates unspecified)
- 2018 RTM, 2018.2, 2018.2.3 & 2018.3.5
- 2016 (updates unspecified)
Some issues can be fixed (but not always) with a combination of the following:
- Rolling back from Windows 10 version 1903 to version 1809
- Using the Inventor Reset Utility
- Updating Inventor 2019 to 2019.4
Autodesk are aware of the issue, and are looking into it, but our advice is that unless you have a pressing need to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903, don’t do it until these issues have been fixed.