Today Autodesk released Update 3 for Inventor 2014 SP1. There are a few long awaited graphical fixes within this update so it’s well worth trying it out if you have been experiencing difficulties.
Here are the listed fixes:
- Graphic Issue with Display True line weight
- The edges will disappear when zooming the model with section view under shaded with edges visual style
- Abnormal triangles appear occasionally for some large assemblies and drawings
- Some portion of the assembly disappear during zoom
- Shading in drawing view disappears when zooming
- Graphics not rendering correctly, leaving ghosted and/or missing parts in assemblies
- Poor decal quality in Performance Mode
- Unexpected exit with error message “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”
- Unexpected exit when opening IDW
- IDW Property text is moved when saved as AutoCAD DWG
- Unable to offset in 2d sketch
- Unexpected exit during move item with Tube&Pipe items attached due to Bolted Connection
- Unexpected exit due to WPF application rendering in Hardware Acceleration mode
- Transparent components disappear from graphic when zoom in/out after create or delete constrains
- Unexpected exit when zoom in or rotate the freeform body
- Editing iPart table via Excel 2013 will not save if another Excel documents open
- Inventor locks up or unexpectedly exits when view degrees of freedom of an assembly that has patterned components
- Color assignments lost when saving as STEP AP214
This fix is cumulative, so if you haven’t installed the previous updates for service pack 1, you won’t need to, since they are included in this installer.
For those who care, it appears Autodesk have changed their naming convention for updates with this release. They’ve used a 3 letter prefix INV, indicating it’s an Inventor update/hotfix. I think that will help out the CAD managers among us.